While moving a car from one place to another, especially across the nation, there are chances that your car may suffer damages. In such cases, having insurance will help you to cope with the damage caused during the shipping services. However, you might have lots of queries related to it. Let’s discuss a bit more about it to clear all your doubts.
Getting the best auto-transport service
If you want to experience the best shipping services without any worries then you should try Ship A Car, Inc. It has a team of highly experienced, skilled professionals, with whom it provides world-class service to its clients. Also, it provides extra protection with coverage for minor damages without any up-front deposit. It also provides the clients with the feasibility to track the status and safety of the shipped vehicle.
About auto-transport insurance
Auto-transport insurance is mainly of three types.
- Customer insurance: usually it is not included or needed to ship your vehicle
- Carrier insurance: in such cases the carrier or service provider covers the damages to the car.
- Broker’s insurance: mostly the brokers provide the coverage, however, it is mostly to attract the customers.
Generally, this insurance covers the damages that happen to the car during the shipping procedure which includes the loading, shipping, and unloading of the car. However, the damages due to poor condition and other car-related factors are not covered under the insurance policy.
However, different companies have different terms and regulations and include different key features for example some companies don’t include damage caused by natural calamities like earthquake, flood, etc. Hence, before insurance make sure to ask them about the policies, their limitations, additional coverage, etc.
Precautions to take while hiring a company
There are certain processes that you should go through to make the whole procedure of damage coverage in case anything happens to the car during the shipping.
- Proof of insurance: while booking, make sure to ask them for proof of insurance or proof of the details of the insurance. Read thoroughly, all the information provided by the company.
- Recheck with your insurance company: to make sure the documents and details provided are all correct you can ask your auto insurance company for assurance and advice in case something is wrong.
- Prepare your car: before shipping, empty your car and remove the necessary belongings including the GPS devices, CD players, chargers, and other decorative materials. As all these are not covered by the policy if they get damaged.
- Inspection: before loading the car inspect the car properly. Check if there is any dent, or scratch over the car, note them and also take photographs from every angle of the car. After loading match them with the condition of the car for a better review.
Auto-transport insurance is very helpful. However, you need to be more careful while dealing with drug dealers and bad companies, which follow the above-mentioned techniques.