Car insurance provides financial protection if you are in a car accident or if your vehicle is damaged in a non-collision event or even if your car is stolen. In exchange for a premium, the amount of money you pay for your policy, the insurer would pay for covered expenses. Depending on the type of policy you choose, this could include property damage or bodily injuries you or another driver or passenger sustained.
Your car insurance policy will typically cover one of two types of accidents: Collision and non-collision. The coverage for both collision and non-collision accidents may include multiple types of benefits. If you have a collision accident, for example, your insurer would pay for property damage to your vehicle up to the listed limits on the declaration page. If your car is totalled, this would typically require you to make a claim with your own insurer, your auto insurance company, or a third party.
Car insurance procedures can vary, depending on your situation. Whether you are dealing with your auto insurer or with the police, there are a few questions you need to be able to answer. Car insurance laws can also vary depending on the state you live in. Some states, like Florida and New Jersey, have some of the strictest laws concerning personal auto insurance. There are several types of car insurance available and you could customize the policy to get the insurance coverage you need. Therefore, it is important to understand the different types of car insurance coverages.
Kinds of Car Insurance Coverage
- Liability Insurance: Liability coverage pays for costs that are related to an accident for which you are found legally at fault. If you are at fault for an accident, this coverage would cover any injury or damage caused to you, another vehicle, another party, or to their property. This insurance includes two types of coverage:
- Bodily Injury: This covers the expenses related to injuries or death for others when you are at fault.
- Property Damage: This would cover the expenses of repair or replacement of other’s property you would damage when operating the vehicle.
Most states would require the drivers to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage before they could register and operate a vehicle in that state. You could find out how much liability coverage you would need by visiting the Auto Insurance Agency.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): PIP, also known as ‘no-fault’ coverage, could help in paying the medical expenses for you or any passengers that accompany you if you are injured in an accident, no matter who has made the mistake. PIP may also apply if you are riding a bike and are hit by a vehicle. IN some cases, PIP coverage might reimburse you for lost wages and expenses for tasks you couldn’t perform while recovering such as house cleaning. PIP could be optional or compulsory, depending on the insurance coverage you opt for.
- Medical Payments Coverage (Med Pay): Like personal injury protection, Med Pay pays the medical bills for you and your passengers for injuries sustained in a car accident, regardless of who is at fault. Unlike PIP coverage, Med Pay does not cover any additional or related expenses like lost wages. Med Pay could be purchased along with the standard insurance policy but it might not be available with all insurance providers. Check with your insurance provider on whether it is available or not.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage pays for repairs if your car is damaged during a car accident or if it collides with another object like a building or tree, even if you might be at fault. It might also cover damage from potholes.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Comprehensive coverage pays for damage to the car that occurs during an event that is not a car accident or collision with another object. Examples of covered losses could be cracked or shattered windshield, vandalism, damage from an animal, hail damage or damage from falling objects.
If you are looking for comprehensive cheap NY car insurance, you could reach out to NY Insurance Hub. In addition to car insurance assistance, the company also has experience in helping customers with home insurance, personal insurance or any other type of insurance. Click here to get customized insurance quotes from NY Insurance Hub.
NY Insurance Citation
NY Insurance Hub Agency
125 Wolf Rd STE 404 Albany,
NY 12205 518-783-0105
GMB URL: https://g.page/r/CSpwJcUJX29hEBA