FASTag is one of the initiatives aimed at strengthening the Digital India programme. It is basically an electronic toll collection system operated by the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI). It makes use of the Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for toll payments. FASTag comes in the form of a sticker that is pasted on the vehicle’s windscreen. This sticker has an inbuilt RFID Tag, which is linked to your bank account or digital wallet, and the toll charges are directly deducted automatically from the linked account whenever your car passes through a toll plaza.
For every toll payment, you will receive a message on your registered phone number. This will help you in keeping a track of your toll expenses as well as your FASTag balance. You can also have a quick FASTag balance check online, through its mobile application, SMS, and customer care helpline.
FASTag account balance check
- Visit the official website of your issuer agency/bank/mobile wallet
- Log into the FASTag portal on the website with your login credentials
- You can now view your balance and other transaction details
- Download the ‘’My FASTag” app on your mobile device. This is compatible with both iOS and Android and is linked to the NHAI prepaid wallet
- Enter your login credentials
- You shall be able to view your FASTag balance amount
Apart from checking your account balance, you can also make an online FASTag recharge from the comfort of your home.
How to recharge FASTag?
- In case your FASTag is linked to your bank account, you won’t have to add money separately in a prepaid wallet. All you must do is to ensure that your FASTag-linked bank account has sufficient balance for toll plaza payment
- On the other hand, if your FASTag is linked to a prepaid wallet, you can easily make an online FASTag recharge through various payment channels such as UPI/debit card/credit card/NEFT/Net Banking
Benefits of FASTag
- FASTag allows you to easily monitor your toll expenses at your convenience. Moreover, you can also check all your transactions by visiting the FASTag web customer portal
- Since FASTag enables electronic payment, you don’t have to worry about carrying cash while driving through a toll plaza
- With FASTag, you can pay the toll much faster as you won’t have to wait in long toll plaza queues. Additionally, you’ll be able to save fuel as you won’t be stuck in traffic at the toll plaza
- FASTag also helps in reducing air pollution by decreasing vehicular congestion at toll plazas
Now that you are aware of the various perks of FASTag, ensure to purchase it as soon as possible. The validity of FASTag is 5 years, and hence you don’t have to worry about renewing it frequently. You can easily get your FASTag account created by visiting any Point of Sale (POS) location at a toll plaza. You can also buy FASTag online right from the comfort of your home.